Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Kevin Markey <ke...@oracle.com> on 2014/04/01 01:33:52 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 0.9.1 (RC3)

I had specifically requested that the ASM shading be included in the RC,
hence my testing focused on that, but I ran other tests as well.  Tested
with a build of our project, running one of our applications from that
build in yarn-standalone on a pseudocluster, and successfully
redeploying and bringing up a web app that is integrated with Spark.  It
is the latter where most ASM conflicts have typically occurred.
Successful build and passed both tests. So, my vote:

+1

One test which I'd like to run but can't because of unrelated library
conflicts would have been to remove various ASM exclusions from other
libraries, recompiling and redeploying.  But I'd incur the wrath of the
rest of my team doing that, especially after a full day of tracking down
yet another (totally unrelated) library conflict.

Thanks for this maintenance release.

Kevin Markey

Posted by Andrew Or <an...@databricks.com>.
+1 tested on OSX