Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Jamie Cockrill <ja...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/02 15:16:19 UTC

Regionserver tanked, can't seem to get master back up fully

Hi All,

I set off a long-running loading job over the weekend and it seems to
have rather destroyed my hbase cluster. Most of the nodes were down
this morning and upon restarting them, I'm now persistently getting
the following message every few ms in the master logs:

DfsClient: Could not complete file
/hbase/.logs/compute17.cluster1.lan,60020,1280518716613/a filename

That file is a zero-byte file on the HDFS. The data-nodes all look
fine and don't seem to have had any trouble. I'm not especially fussed
about having to rebuild that table and reload it, but the trouble is
now that I can't start the cluster properly so I can drop the table.

Does anyone know how I can remove the table/fix these errors manually.
As I said, I'm not fussed about data-loss.

thanks

Jamie

Re: Regionserver tanked, can't seem to get master back up fully

Posted by Jamie Cockrill <ja...@gmail.com>.
All,

I seem to have managed to resolve this myself. I basically went and
found the recovered.edits file in the directory on the HDFS that
relates to the broken region and moved it. Once I'd done that it
stopped complaining and started fully.

Presumably this means I've lost all the data in that file (thankfully
only a few KB), which isn't too much of a problem as I'll just reload
it in a sec.

ta

Jamie

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
We'll know for sure when we see those stack traces (both master and DNs).

J-D

Posted by Jamie Cockrill <ja...@gmail.com>.
PS, yes that was coming from master

Posted by Jamie Cockrill <ja...@gmail.com>.