Posted to common-commits@hadoop.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2011/09/21 05:50:59 UTC

[Hadoop Wiki] Update of "WritingYarnApps" by ChrisRiccomini

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Hadoop Wiki" for change notification.

The "WritingYarnApps" page has been changed by ChrisRiccomini:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/WritingYarnApps?action=diff&rev1=4&rev2=5

    * ClientRMProtocol -> Protocol for job-client (launching program from gateway) to talk to RM to launch a new application i.e. application master itself
    * AMRMProtocol -> Protocol for AM to use to register/stop itself and get resources from the Scheduler

+
+ '''How can I distribute my application's jars distributed to all of the nodes in the YARN cluster that need it?'''
+
+ '''Why does my application's client have to send the app ID/attempt ID/cluster timestamp to my application master?'''
+
+ This is actually going to be improved. It will likely become environment variables, or substituted variables (like the fail count). For more details, track this ticket: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-3055
+
  === Useful Links ===

   * https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12486023/MapReduce_NextGen_Architecture.pdf