Posted to user@struts.apache.org by jacktie <jt...@hotmail.com> on 2008/05/08 04:06:16 UTC

log request and response time from filter

Guys:
I have one question about log request and response time from filter.
We use jsp, filter, struts 1.2.
We have one PerfermaceFilter class which implements filter.
We calculate the time between FilterChain.doFilter and log that with request
URL.

Because sometimes when user do one click from browser, the backend action
may have more than one forword or redirector.
So log will show mutiple line log for each action.

Now we need to log one click by user from browser into one log format like
that:
User Request started:
actionOne time: XXX ms
actionTwo time: XXX ms
Total: XXX ms
User Request finished.

My question is each time the filter hitted, how do I now the request from
browser by user action or from server forward or redirector.

If we can not tell from filter level, we also can put the performace log
code into requestprocessor of struts.

But how to tell.
Thanks.