Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "sripada.ngg" <sr...@excelindia.com> on 2014/01/14 12:15:36 UTC

Need help for kafka on windows

Hi All,

I am new to apache kafka.   Can you please any one help me to setup apache
kafka (kafka_2.8.0-0.8.0).

I have download and try to run batch file under bin/windows folder I am
getting below error.

"'kafka-run-class.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external
command,operable program or batch file."

Can you please guide me how to resolve this issue and steps to set up kafaka
on window local system.

Thanks and Regards,

Shreepada.

Re: Need help for kafka on windows

Posted by Timothy Chen <tn...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sripada,

Unfortunately I can't provide a code fix, but it's an easy fix actually.

Basically the path that is trying to look for kafka-run-class.bat is wrong
as it expects that file to be from the current window's folder.

You can either cd into the parent and run it or fix the script.

Tim

Posted by Francois Langelier <fr...@mate1inc.com>.