Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Houman Moshtagh <de...@yahoo.de> on 2002/08/29 15:52:05 UTC

XML Instance --> XML Schema ?

Hello,

I have studied the whole XML Schema on W3C site.   There is still something confusing me.

The XML Schema: po1.xsd

        xmlns:po="http://www.example.com/PO1"

        targetNamespace="http://www.example.com/PO1"

The XML Instance: po1.xml

        xmlns:po="http://www.example.com/PO1"

        targetNamespace="http://www.example.com/PO1"

I understand that the targetNamespace references to the customized XML Schema, which has to be written in the po1.xsd and in the po1.xml files.  But how can the parser looks after my customized XML Schema which is saved in the po1.xsd file?  How does it know where the XSD file is located?  As far as I understood the Namespaces the URI of a Namespace is just there to mention a unique namespace.  The Parser would not look after what's behind the URI.

Could someone help me to understand this? :o)

Houman

---------------------------------
Gesendet von http://mail.yahoo.de.
Möchten Sie mit einem Gruß antworten? http://grusskarten.yahoo.de.

soap with attachments

Posted by Praveen Peddi <pp...@contextmedia.com>.
Can anyone send me a sample apache soap client for sending attachments?  I
want to send a multimedia files (like mpeg, mp3, jpg etc) as attachments to
the server.

I am using soap 2.2 version.

Also how do we receive attachments on the server side.

I awould appreciate if some one can send me a sample class both on client
side and server.

soap with attachments

AW: XML Instance --> XML Schema ? (update)

Posted by Houman Moshtagh <de...@yahoo.de>.
Anne,

Thanks a lot for your response. It was a big help.
Soon I will begin studying the WSDL specification, maybe there is also
something confusing. In this case I'll be back with a new question. Hehe

But I think I have the most confusing things (Namespace / Schema) behind
me. :o)

Houman

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <an...@manes.net>.
Houman,

[...]

Many application languages, such as Java and C++, require data elements to
be typed. Others, such as perl, don't really care about types. SOAP (the
specification) permits you to type the data in the messages, although it
doesn't require it. You can send SOAP messages that contain untyped elements
(although not all SOAP implementations can process untyped elements). Keep
in mind that you can specify soapenv:encodingStyle="", which means that you
make no claims about the encoding style of your message elements.

If you use doc/literal, then you're saying that the message conforms to a

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <an...@manes.net>.
Houman,

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <an...@manes.net>.
If you want to validate the document using a schema, then you have to tell
the validator where to find the schema. But you don't necessarily have to

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <an...@manes.net>.