Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Bruno LEDOUX <br...@optusnet.com.au> on 2005/04/05 08:16:18 UTC

gSOAP 2.7 (client)<-> Axis Java 1.2rc3 Interoperability problem

Hi ,

I have a problem with the latest version of Axis Java axis-1.2rc3 and gSOAP
C++. When running the sample "stock" service on Axis and calling the
getQuote method with gSOAP, the low level SOAP Response returned is the
following:

   <soapenv:Body>
    <ns1:getQuoteResponse
xmlns:ns1="urn:xmltoday-delayed-quotes">
      <getQuoteReturn href="#id0"/>
    </ns1:getQuoteResponse>
    <multiRef id="id0" soapenc:root="0"
xsi:type="xsd:float"
xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">90.32</multiRef>
  </soapenv:Body>

PROBLEM: gSOAP doesn't manage to read the return value because it should be
stored in a tag named "result" as stated in the WSDL file (GetQuote.wsdl):

  <message name="GetQuoteResponse">
    <part name="result" type="xsd:float"/>
  </message>

Any Ideas ?

Bruno

Re: gSOAP 2.7 (client)<-> Axis Java 1.2rc3 Interoperability problem

Posted by Venkat Reddy <vr...@gmail.com>.
You need to copy the wsdl file to WEB-INF directory, or wherever the
URL points to as specified in your wsdd file. Redeploy the service and
point your browser to <url_to_your_service>?WSDL. The wsdl displayed
in browser should identify the message parts according to the wsdl
file definitions.

- venkat

Posted by Bruno LEDOUX <br...@optusnet.com.au>.

Posted by Venkat Reddy <vr...@gmail.com>.