Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Andrew Libby <an...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/01 15:22:26 UTC

Re: Php frontend

In my (short) experience w/ nutch it's pretty easy to fetch and render
search
results using the opensearch servlet.  When you fire up tomcat and perform
a search, there's a linke on the results page to an RSS XML feed.  I use
this
from a Perl based application (Catalyst framework) to perform searches.
I process the XML and display the results how I want them on the screen.

Works rather well, actually.   If I understand the approach you'd be using
it's to invoke Java classes from PHP.  I've not done this.  My take is that
you'd sooner run into bottlenecks forking JVMs in this way then if you use
the opensearch servlet approach I mentioned.

If you experience otherwise, please post here as there might be folks
here (like me) who are interested.

Best,

Andy

--