Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Jonathan Hurley <jh...@hortonworks.com> on 2018/02/06 17:19:15 UTC

Re: Removal of old/defunct branches

Last call before the following branches are removed:

ambari-websocket
ambari-yarnapps
audit_logging
branch-embedded-views
branch-rbac-sso
branch-yarnapps-dev
side-navigation-feature-branch

These have not seen a commit in roughly 2 years or more ...

On Jan 25, 2018, at 9:15 AM, Jonathan Hurley <jh...@hortonworks.com>> wrote:

Thank you to all of the responses for removal of the branches. I will proceed with them today.

In addition to the below branches which seem old and abandoned, I also propose removing feature branches which have not seen a commit in more than a year (some in more than 2 years)

ambari-websocket
ambari-yarnapps
audit_logging
branch-embedded-views
branch-rbac-sso
branch-yarnapps-dev
side-navigation-feature-branch

Please let me know if there are any objections to removing the above branches as well.

On Jan 24, 2018, at 1:59 PM, Jonathan Hurley <jh...@hortonworks.com>> wrote:

Hi committers and contributors,

Ambari seems to have a bunch of branches that are dead and don't seem to serve any useful purposes. These include:

origin/AMBARI-12885
origin/trunk
remote/branch-2.4
remote/branch-2.5
trunkj
trunkpwd

They all seem to be either wrong (including the name of the origin or remote in them) or misspellings.

I am sure some of the other branches we have are dead too (like feature-improved-rack-awareness-handling), but I thought we'd start with the obvious ones. I'd like to see if the community is OK removing the above mentioned branches.