Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org> on 2001/09/27 19:44:15 UTC

Re: cvs commit:jakarta-turbine-2/src/java/org/apache/turbine/services/dbMapBrokerSe rvice.java PoolBrokerService.java TurbineDB.javaTurbineMapBrokerService.java TurbinePoolBrokerService.java

On 9/27/01 12:58 PM, "John McNally" <jm...@collab.net> wrote:

> Can you explain the need for these changes?  If you are specifying the
> database name then you are not using the default.

I'm just allowing one to explicity state what the default is.

Say you have a single database and you actually give it a name:

<database name="application">
</database>

Than all your peers will be generated with a map builder that specifies the
use of the "application" database map and pool but the TurbineMapBuilder is
hardcoded with TurbineDB.getDatabaseMap() which always returns the
"default". The security system will not work if you don't give it some hints
via specifying a the default map and pool name.

I just thought the behavior was inconsistent. If you specify a database name
and that's where your security data goes than I feel than the
TurbineMapBuilder should obey that choice. It didn't.

I think being more explicit is safer, and I just wanted an app to specify
the database name and have all of turbine work with that specified name. All
works as expected if the properties are not specified.