Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by John-M Baker <jo...@db.com> on 2008/05/22 13:00:57 UTC

Swalling exceptions

Hello,

CXF is swallowing exceptions:

22-May-2008 11:59:29 org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain
doIntercept
INFO: Application has thrown exception, unwinding now:
java.lang.NullPointerException: null

I think it should provide a full stack trace for all throwable exceptiosn,
because when they happen in production (which they will!), log levels will
be set to INFO and if it's reported as anything else then it is missed.

John Baker
--
Web SSO
IT Infrastructure

---

Please refer to http://www.db.com/en/content/eu_disclosures.htm for additional EU corporate and regulatory disclosures.

Re: Swalling exceptions

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
As one of the primary whiners, I sign up to this idea.

Re: Swalling exceptions

Posted by John-M Baker <jo...@db.com>.
That's the correct thing to do.  Exceptions will always happen in a
production environment, and without the stack trace there is little that
can be done to quickly track them down.

John Baker
--
Web SSO