Posted to community@apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2007/04/19 01:09:13 UTC

[Fwd: Please post in the various places inside ASF or that you think would be useful]

Here's your chance to collaborate on our very own ApacheCon websites
that are produced by Charel's organization, develop interesting websites
for their other productions, and make some coin in the process.

If you have interest in working for the producers, and possess their
desired skills, the contact information is attached.

Re: ApacheCon Website Consultant Wanted

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> here's the text I came up with.  Edits/feedback before I resend this
> to community, members and jobs @a.o?

proving once again 'reply-to munging considered harmful' has nothing to do
with the munging - it's all EBCAD (error between chair and desk).  Anyways,
if this interests you, please contact Fraiser promptly, the ConCom is nearly
set to begin publicizing ApacheCon US/Atlanta!

ApacheCon Website Consultant Wanted

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
here's the text I came up with.  Edits/feedback before I resend this
to community, members and jobs @a.o?

----------------------

Second call, please read...

Frazier, Stone Circle's website producer, is seeking a Ruby on Rails developer
with [NO] Adobe Flash experience.  The developer will be building new sites
for ApacheCon based on an existing backend framework, without the flash that
so many hollered about, but building a site with more 'geek' sensibility.

The shopping cart and other conference backends are finished, but the
front-facing site must be redone without flash, tied to their custom
content management system backend.  Site contents are XML driven, strong
XML-fu is required.  Within those constraints, they seek a solution-driven
consultant to bring these customer-facing sites to production.

This is a *Paid* gig, if you want to help ApacheCon grow, support a really
dedicated production company, deploy the producers' designs with your own
input, flex your Ruby on Rails fu, and make coin in the process, please
contact Frazier@propanelabs.com - the ApacheCon US site work starts yesterday
and this has the potential to be a long term gig with two more years worth
of shows already contracted for.

Yours,

Bill