Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Kiran Ayyagari <ay...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/05 16:09:53 UTC

[ApacheDS] integration test profile in core-integ pom

hello folks,

     It was noticed that the integration profile of core-integ module doesn't
     include the pattern *IT.java because of which many tests are not running.

     And another issue is that this profile is activated by default !.

     I would like to suggest that we include the *IT.java pattern and disable this profile by default.

wdyt?

Kiran Ayyagari

Re: [ApacheDS] integration test profile in core-integ pom

Posted by Emmanuel LŽcharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Kiran Ayyagari a écrit :
> hello folks,
>
>     It was noticed that the integration profile of core-integ module
> doesn't
>     include the pattern *IT.java because of which many tests are not
> running.
>
>     And another issue is that this profile is activated by default !.
>
>     I would like to suggest that we include the *IT.java pattern and
> disable this profile by default.
>
> wdyt?
IMO, we should get rid of this Integration profile. It was created when
it took ages to run the tests, before we added the reverter in the
server. Now, I'm able to run all the tests in 8 minutes, out of which
around 3 minutes are used to run all the core-integ and server-integ tests.

Let's kill he profile and inject all the tests in suites (it's already
done for server-integ btw), and run these suites by default.

On last thing : the *IT.java tests must be excluded when runing maven,
as soon as those tests are part of the suites.

Thanks Kiran