Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Eric Lemle <er...@ihc.com> on 2005/02/08 22:15:56 UTC

Re: I have a jsp. that has two included jsp's that are actually struts actions but the response only

So how does one get the final HTML from two Actions into the same page?

Eric D. Lemle
Senior Programmer / Analyst
Intermountain Health Care
36 South State Street, Suite 1100
Salt Lake City, Utah 84111
United States of America (USA)
(801) 442-3688 -- e-mail: Eric.Lemle@IHC.com

>>> kris@dotech.com 2/3/2005 5:28:09 PM >>>
Sort of. Remember, the "normal" result of a Struts action is the
equivalent
of RequestDispatcher.forward(). So, I imagine you're also seeing an
IllegalStateException as well. You've got the equivalent of the
following:

includer.jsp:
-------------
<@% page contentType="text/plain" %>

Before forwarder1:
<jsp:include page="forwarder1.jsp"/>
After forwarder1:

Before forwarder2:
<jsp:include page="forwarder2.jsp"/>
After forwarder2:

forwarder1.jsp:
---------------
<jsp:forward page="content1.jsp"/>

forwarder2.jsp:
---------------
<jsp:forward page="content2.jsp"/>

content1.jsp:
-------------
content1.jsp

content2.jsp:
-------------
content2.jsp

Which should generate:

content1.jsp

Along with raising an IllegalStateException.

Eric Lemle wrote:
> I have a jsp. that has two included jsp's that are actually struts
> actions but the response only returns the first one.
> I have tried flush="false" (Doesn't matter)
> I have tried the <jsp:param's for the parameters (Doesn't matter)
> Is there something in the framework that is preventing this?

> <jsp:include page="/EventsAction.do?dispatch=display" flush="true"
/>

> <jsp:include page="/RelocationAction.do?dispatch=display"
flush="true"

--
Kris Schneider <ma...@dotech.com>
D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>

Re: I have a jsp. that has two included jsp's that are actually struts actions but the response only

Posted by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com>.
At 2:15 PM -0700 2/8/05, Eric Lemle wrote:
>So how does one get the final HTML from two Actions into the same page?

I am pretty sure that Tiles will do includes instead of forwards
where necessary so that you can use actions as the source of
<tiles:insert> components.  I've never had to use it, but someone
recently pointed out a bug in the chain version of TilesPreProcess
which was causing this to break.

Joe

Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com