Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Indraveni <in...@yahoo.co.in> on 2006/05/03 06:51:01 UTC

[users@httpd] Tomcat Connectors

Hi,

 I am back with the same problem again. I tried with different options and virtual host configurations etc.., But went vain.

 My task in brief::

          I created the jk connector between apache and jakartha tomcat so that I can access the jsp and servlet programs through the apache web server. And it is working fine. I am able to access the examples folder of jakartha tomcat which is having the jsp and servlet programs. And I am able to execute all the jsp and servlet programs through the apache server with the help of jk connector.

 I am doing all this through localhost i.e http://localhost/examples.

 NOTE: I followed John Turner documentation for this...

 My Requirement:

  Now my requirement is: I have to  access this web server from remote systems in LAN using the system IP address. I am able to access all the apache pages throgh ip saying http://192.9.200.62/sample.html and also jakartha tomcat pages through ip like http://192.9.200.62/examples. But http://192.9.200.62/examples. is not working

 That is this conenctor functioning is not workign for the IP host. How can I do this. I have created virtual host. No use.

 I have come across a site where I found some configurationf or worker.peoperties file at
 http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc-archive/jk2/jk/workershowto.html

 But this also dint help me much.

 CAN ANY PLEASE HELP ME HOW CAN ACHIVE MY REQUIREMENT.

 Regards
 Indraveni

---------------------------------
 Yahoo! India Answers: Share what you know. Learn something new. Click here

---------------------------------
 Yahoo! India Answers: Share what you know. Learn something new. Click here

Re: [users@httpd] Re: Tomcat Connectors

Posted by Indraveni <in...@yahoo.co.in>.
> Define 'not working'.

 Thankyou

 > - Give your workers.properties
 >-  Give your mod_jk configuration
 > - Give your vhost configuration

 I am attaching the three files..

 workers.properties, httpd.conf and mod_jk.conf file. I dont know how to configure vhost clearly so i am sending the httpd.conf file itself.

Most people here aren't psychic, so without information, it's impossible
to say what's wrong.

Joost

---------------------------------

Posted by Joost de Heer <sa...@xs4all.nl>.

Re: [users@httpd] Tomcat Connectors

Posted by Indraveni <in...@yahoo.co.in>.
I am using jk connector but not jk2....

 I am attaching the mod_jk.conf file and workers.properties files...

 I am using Apache 2.0.47, jakartha-tomcat-4.1.27 and jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-1.2-6.src  connector.

Gaël Lams <la...@gmail.com> wrote: Hi,

>   Now my requirement is: I have to  access this web server from remote
> systems in LAN using the system IP address. I am able to access all the
> apache pages throgh ip saying http://192.9.200.62/sample.html and also
> jakartha tomcat pages through ip like http://192.9.200.62/examples. But
> http://192.9.200.62/examples. is not working
>
>  That is this conenctor functioning is not workign for the IP host. How can
> I do this. I have created virtual host. No use.
>
>  I have come across a site where I found some configurationf or
> worker.peoperties file at
> http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc-archive/jk2/jk/workershowto.html

First of all, you should not use jk2 but jk. I know it's not clearly
stated on every tomcat's web page but jk2 is deprecated ( see
http://tomcat.apache.org/download-connectors.cgi ).

Once you have the jk connector configured, could you post jk.conf and
workers.properties?

By the way, what version of apache are you using?

Kind regards,

Gaël

Posted by Gaël Lams <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi,