Posted to user@beam.apache.org by Aniruddh Sharma <as...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/16 04:40:53 UTC

Global Window

Hi

I am doing some stateful and timely processing.

My use case  : I have a batch, so its a Global window. I do not want to use Window (as I have some functional joins) downstream. I want to use Global window only and do batched RPC.  I am setting stale timer (based on processing time), but that timer is never executed.

Is it possible that global window expires before processing timer is set ?

If yes,
 how can I change expiry time of a Global window ?

If no,
could you please advise what could help.

Re: Global Window

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org>.
In batch, with all bounded data, processing time timers are typically not
processed. This is because the window is first fully processed and expired.

Can you explain a bit more about why you want a processing time timer in
your use case?

Kenn