Posted to sanselan-dev@incubator.apache.org by Angela Cymbalak <a....@nechtan.org> on 2008/07/14 18:34:51 UTC

questions re the project

Hi,

You may or may not have seen the discussions regarding a possible
project for a photo gallery application.  I was steered toward the
Sanselan project because there is significant overlap between the two
projects.  I have taken a look at the Sanselan Javadocs and read the
Web page.  I have a few questions for you.

1.  On the Web page under format support, you list JPEG and JPEG EXIF
meta data as two different file formats.  Can you tell me why?

2.  Why haven't any of the latest releases been through Apache?

3.  Are there any requirements written up for the items on the To Do list?

Thanks,
Angie

Re: questions re the project

Posted by Charles Matthew Chen <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Angie,

   It does sounds like the Sanselan project might be useful to this project.

1.  I separated the JPEG and JPEG EXIF entries in that table because
while Sanselan currently supports reading and writing EXIF metadata
from and to existing JPEG files, it does not support reading or
writing JPEG images yet.  Also, I wanted to separate the references to
external documentation.

2. We are currently working on our first Apache release - with any
luck it should arrive soon.

3. No.  Are there specific features or enhancements that would be
useful to the photo gallery project?

Thanks,
   Charles.