Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Xavier Vigouroux <Xa...@Sun.COM> on 2005/06/28 17:35:46 UTC

derby and squirrel sql JDBC client

hi,

first hello to everybody on this mailing list.

Is somebody using the 2.0rc of squirrel-sql
(http://squirrel-sql.sourceforge.net/).
It relies on JDBC to get information from DB. unfortunately, I always
have an error when querying info from my DB
(org.apache.derby.client.am.sqlException: invalid operation: result set
closed)

Do one of you has the same problem?

thanks

--
Xavier VIGOUROUX - sun microsystems

Re: derby and squirrel sql JDBC client

Posted by Xavier Vigouroux <Xa...@Sun.COM>.
great !!!

thanks to you.

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.
Bernt M. Johnsen wrote:

>Some experimenting shows that the NetworkClient implicitely closes the
>resultset when rs.next() moves beyond the alst row, so
>e.g. rs.getMetaData() will fail with the given operation.
>
>I would call this a bug in the network client driver. I'll file an
>JIRA issue on it.

This is DERBY-213

Re: derby and squirrel sql JDBC client

Posted by "Bernt M. Johnsen" <Be...@Sun.COM>.
> hi,
>
> first hello to everybody on this mailing list.
>
> Is somebody using the 2.0rc of squirrel-sql
> (http://squirrel-sql.sourceforge.net/).
> It relies on JDBC to get information from DB. unfortunately, I always
> have an error when querying info from my DB
> (org.apache.derby.client.am.sqlException: invalid operation: result set
> closed)
>
> Do one of you has the same problem?

I tried it out, and you're right when the NeworkClient is
used. However, it works ok in the EmbeddedDriver.

Some experimenting shows that the NetworkClient implicitely closes the
resultset when rs.next() moves beyond the alst row, so
e.g. rs.getMetaData() will fail with the given operation.

I would call this a bug in the network client driver. I'll file an
JIRA issue on it.

Sun Microsystems, Trondheim, Norway

Re: derby and squirrel sql JDBC client

Posted by Susan Cline <ho...@pacbell.net>.
The new squirrel-sql.jar file that should be used instead of the current one with the SQuirreL-SQL Client version of 2.0rc1 can be downloaded from here:

http://dbcopyplugin.sourceforge.net/squirrel-sql.jar

Please see this thread from the squirrel users mailing list for complete details of the
problem:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=7611732&forum_id=3116

Susan

Xavier Vigouroux <Xa...@Sun.COM> wrote:

Le 7 juil. 05, à 23:00, Susan Cline a écrit :

> Hi Xavier,
>
> I've been reading the squirrel-users mailing list.  It sounds like you
> received a new squirrel-sql.jar file that resolved this problem, is
> that correct?
>
> Today I downloaded the same squirrel-sql.jar file you did and I could
> not replicate the problem you experienced.  If you can confirm this,
> I'll post a follow up message where derby users can download the new
> squirrel-sql.jar file that works with Squirrel 2.0 rc1.

Hi,

I confirm that the new jar file solves this problem. I use it for
several days now.

xfv

Posted by Xavier Vigouroux <Xa...@Sun.COM>.