Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2017/04/21 06:41:32 UTC

[log4j] Log4j Java 9 support has been added

I’ve pushed the support for Java 9 and Stackwalker. Java 9 is now required to build Log4j in addition to Java 7.

Ralph

Re: [log4j] Log4j Java 9 support has been added

Posted by Mikael Ståldal <mi...@magine.com>.
OK, I can change JDK per module.

Now I cannot build log4j-jmx-gui since the class
com.sun.tools.jconsole.JConsolePlugin (used in our ClientGuiJConsolePlugin)
doesn't seem to work with JDK 9. I tried to set that module to JDK 7, but
it doesn't help.

It is not good that we break a popular IDE like IntelliJ IDEA in this way.
That might scare away potential developers.

--
[image: MagineTV]

*Mikael Ståldal*
Senior software developer

*Magine TV*
mikael.staldal@magine.com

email.

Re: [log4j] Log4j Java 9 support has been added

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Posted by Mikael Ståldal <mi...@magine.com>.

--
[image: MagineTV]

*Mikael Ståldal*
Senior software developer

*Magine TV*
mikael.staldal@magine.com

email.

Re: [log4j] Log4j Java 9 support has been added

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Posted by Mikael Ståldal <mi...@magine.com>.

--
[image: MagineTV]

*Mikael Ståldal*
Senior software developer

*Magine TV*
mikael.staldal@magine.com

email.

Re: [log4j] Log4j Java 9 support has been added

Posted by Apache <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
You could try using java 9

Posted by Mikael Ståldal <mi...@magine.com>.

--
[image: MagineTV]

*Mikael Ståldal*
Senior software developer

*Magine TV*
mikael.staldal@magine.com

email.

Re: [log4j] Log4j Java 9 support has been added

Posted by Mikael Ståldal <mi...@magine.com>.

--
[image: MagineTV]

*Mikael Ståldal*
Senior software developer

*Magine TV*
mikael.staldal@magine.com

email.

Re: [log4j] Log4j Java 9 support has been added

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
🎉🎉🎉

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>