Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by ferry97 <vr...@yahoo.com> on 2007/08/24 03:10:42 UTC

Issue on ActiveMQ handling expired message

Hi,
Regarding the expired message :
1. Does the expired message persist ?
2. How to access the DLQ ? ( or What is the queue name?)I check in the log,
it will try to create something like :
   Adding destination:
topic://ActiveMQ.Advisory.Expired.Queue.ActiveMQ.DLQ.Queue.queue.MyQueue
  why does it create an advisory ?
3. What is advisory anyway ? I check in the website, and don't really
understand what is it all about ?
4. Is there any way for me to create a specific queue for redirection,
define by myself, say queue.MyDLQ queue ? I check that the option only
IndividualDeadLetterStrategy and SharedDeadLetterStrategy, which I assume
the queue name is defined by ActiveMQ. (Individual, we can define the
prefix, but not the full name)

I try to create an MDB (Message Driven Bean) that subscribe to the DLQ
queue, so it will handle the expired message. Is it possible?
Thanks
--Ferry