Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com> on 2003/02/03 15:53:29 UTC

beta-8 release

Hi,

We are shooting for next Monday for a release. We are working as many
bugs as we can but primarily we are working the release plugin and
associated requirements:

1) Rafal and I are working on the mechanism for getting real versions to
replace SNAPSHOT version identifiers so a release can be made with real
version.

2) I've asked the James folks for a bean that can do SMTP auth.

3) Bob is seeing if he can get a copy of the java blogs code so that we
can make a site that will take RSS feeds from Mavenized projects so that
release information for all Mavenized projects can be collected in one
place so people can start finding java code easier.

If there are any other tasks people can think of that need to be done
before the release update the tasks.xml and we'll get as many things
done as we can.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com
http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: beta-8 release

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.
If you write it like that, note that the default encoding of the
project.xml is utf-8 and in utf your Eric looks a lot different..
If that isn't your problem, please ignore me :)

Mvgr,
Martin

Re: beta-8 release

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.
On Mon, 2003-02-03 at 15:35, Paul Libbrecht wrote:
> Jason,
>
> Dare I ask wether the encoding stories were fixed ? There was no real
> answer to these and I, and probably others, have the impression the
> problem is being deconsidered.

Give me a test case I can work with for the touchstone and I will see
it. I do those first and then look at JIRA.

> My simple test would be to put a developer with name "Éric" (with a
> capital E-acute at the beginning) and generate a site, this has
> generated me encoding exceptions, at least on Darwin/MacOSX.

Give me something for the touchstone and I will try to fix it before the
beta-8 release. Never assume anything has been deconsidered. Sometimes
you have to bring something up more than once. I most definitely miss
things as I'm sure other do as well.

> Thanks.
>
> Paul
>

> Le Lundi, 3 févr 2003, à 15:53 Europe/Berlin, Jason van Zyl a écrit :
> > If there are any other tasks people can think of that need to be done
> > before the release update the tasks.xml and we'll get as many things
> > done as we can.

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com