Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org> on 2010/04/27 13:23:57 UTC

cool HBase sighting

Hi all,

we've been doing little more than lurking on these lists, but some of you
might be happy to hear we've started building last September the
next-generation version of our open source CMS - Lily - based on HBase and
SOLR. Last week, without anything more than hearsay (and us being one of the
very early NoSQL adopters in CMS-land apparently), we've been listed on the
Gartner list of "Cool Vendors in Content Management 2010". The report and
analysis isn't free however, and I can't quote liberally from it. And no, we
didn't solicit Gartner, nor paid them. Damn, this NoSQL thing *must* be cool
then. :-D

http://outerthought.org/blog/blog/373-OTC.html and www.lilycms.org

Thanks for a great product to build further upon - I'm sure we'll get to the
point we'll do more than lurking. When we have time, and money. ;-)

Cheers,

Steven.
Outerthought                            Open Source Java & XML
stevenn at outerthought.org             Makers of the Daisy CMS

Re: cool HBase sighting

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
Working hard, but no, not yet. We're reluctantly going for a alpha release
somewhere this Summer (not: Fall).

Re: cool HBase sighting

Posted by Hans Marggraff <hm...@qint.de>.

Re: cool HBase sighting

Posted by Lars George <la...@gmail.com>.
+1 Congrats Steven! Well done to the whole Outerthoughts team!

Re: cool HBase sighting

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.