Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Tim Moloney <t....@verizon.net> on 2007/03/07 07:54:01 UTC

Any interest in FELIX-219?

I'm curious if anyone has had the chance to look at the patch submitted
for FELIX-219.

It adds the install and install-file goals to the default lifecycle so
that the maven-bundle-plugin creates/updates an OBR repository file.
This allows the local maven repository to also be an OBR.

It seems to be a painless way to add very convenient functionality.
- I just build my bundles with the updated maven-bundle-plugin
- Start felix with
-Dobr.repository.url=file://${HOME}/.m2/repository/repository.xml
- Open the OBR in the shellGUI
- Select my desired bundle
- Click on the "Deploy & start" button
Felix then uses the OBR to find and resolve all the dependencies and
start my application.

Tim

Re: Any interest in FELIX-219?

Posted by Stefano Lenzi <ki...@interfree.it>.
Richard S. Hall wrote:
> Tim,
>
> There are a few outstanding patches in JIRA. I was going to try to
> aggregate them and summarize them in a message to the mailing list and
> see if we could decide on the action to take for each. I haven't looked
> at any of them yet, so I am unsure what will be necessary, i.e., whether
> or not a vote will be necessary or any paperwork.
>
> -> richard

Hi Richard,
I was thinking the same today (great job Tim) he made a lot of usefull
patches see: Felix-219, Felix-247.

Stefano "Kismet" Lenzi

Re: Any interest in FELIX-219?

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.