Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by PRAVIN VAJIRKAR <pr...@adtran.com> on 2002/07/24 16:04:06 UTC

log4j question

Hi there,

I don't know if this a right place to mail for log4j questions. I would really appreciate if you guys can help me out in this.

I am new to log4j and trying to put the INFO/DEBUG....messages to a log file. Now, when I print the same in the console, it shows date, time and bunch of other things (which is good), but when I try with teh log file, it jus shows the text message without the date and time. Is something wrong with
my properties file/XML file??

Any ideas??

Pravin

RE: log4j question

Posted by Colin MacDonald <co...@templarcorp.com>.

Well, without seeing your properties file, I can only guess, but I suspect
that you need to add something like the following lines:

log4j.appender.FILE.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.FILE.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{MMM dd yyyy HH:mm:ss} %5p

Hope that helps.  If not, send your properties file.