Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by sameerkhanna <sa...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/04 23:34:10 UTC

Wicket 6.15 - onSubmit not getting called for AjaxButton

Hi,

We recently upgraded from wicket 1.3 to wicket 6. However, it was a step by
step upgrade for each major version.

I have a form in my application that has components being added to a
RepeatingView. For the particular page where I am facing the issues, we have
2 child components that are exactly the same (a couple of text fields and a
button). The buttons have ajax behavior attached to them. On click of these
buttons, we could add more components to the form (e.g. for additional
beneficiaries in a policy). Now the issue that am facing is that the
onSubmit method for the first button gets called when it is clicked but
nothing happens when I click on the 2nd button. It is exactly the same part
of code base for both the components -

AjaxButton addButton = new AjaxButton("e_add_button") {

					protected void onSubmit(AjaxRequestTarget target, Form form){
						BeneficiaryComp.this.addComponent(target);
					}
					protected void onError(AjaxRequestTarget target, Form form){
						BeneficiaryComp.this.addComponent(target);
					}

				};

No request is triggered on click of the second button and I don't see any
stack trace as well. I am kinda clueless for what might be happening.

I am not sure if I faced this issue during the upgrade from 1.3 to 1.4 or
1.4 to 1.5 as this scenario was not tested then.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Wicket 6.15 - onSubmit not getting called for AjaxButton

Posted by sameerkhanna <sa...@gmail.com>.
That's what the issue was. Removed the id attribute from the HTMLs and it
started working fine. Thanks Ernesto.

Re: Wicket 6.15 - onSubmit not getting called for AjaxButton

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
Why do you mean that are exactly the same?

Just an idea see the markup of the buttons and check that they do not have
the same id="xxxx": otherwise they are just the the same at HTML level...
and before wicket 1.5 actions were attached to button on an onClick and
after that as jquery.bind(....).

@Martin.

Please correct me if I'm saying something wrong?

On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 11:34 PM, sameerkhanna <sa...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We recently upgraded from wicket 1.3 to wicket 6. However, it was a step by
> step upgrade for each major version.
>
> I have a form in my application that has components being added to a
> RepeatingView. For the particular page where I am facing the issues, we
> have
> 2 child components that are exactly the same (a couple of text fields and a
> button). The buttons have ajax behavior attached to them. On click of these
> buttons, we could add more components to the form (e.g. for additional
> beneficiaries in a policy). Now the issue that am facing is that the
> onSubmit method for the first button gets called when it is clicked but
> nothing happens when I click on the 2nd button. It is exactly the same part
> of code base for both the components -
>
> AjaxButton addButton = new AjaxButton("e_add_button") {
>
>                                         protected void
> onSubmit(AjaxRequestTarget target, Form form){
>
> BeneficiaryComp.this.addComponent(target);
>                                         }
>                                         protected void
> onError(AjaxRequestTarget target, Form form){
>
> BeneficiaryComp.this.addComponent(target);
>                                         }
>
>                                 };
>
> No request is triggered on click of the second button and I don't see any
> stack trace as well. I am kinda clueless for what might be happening.
>
> I am not sure if I faced this issue during the upgrade from 1.3 to 1.4 or
> 1.4 to 1.5 as this scenario was not tested then.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Regards - Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro