Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Nikhil Dinesh <ni...@seas.upenn.edu> on 2004/07/13 20:00:00 UTC

DOM3 ErrorHandler

Hi,

Im trying to set the DOM3 DOMErrorHandler through the DOMConfiguration
interface and I get a type mismatch error. Code looks like this:

PSVIDocumentImpl psviDocument = new PSVIDocumentImpl();

DOMConfiguration domConfig = psviDocument.getDomConfig();

//myErrorHandler implements XMLErrorHandler(Xni), ErrorHandler(Sax), and
//                          DOMErrorHandler
domConfig.setParameter("error-handler", myErrorHandler);

The error I get is:
org.w3.dom.DOMException: TYPE_MISMATCH_ERROR: The value for this parameter
name is incompatible with the expected value type

Should I be implementing some other interface? The resource-resolver and
other parameters I set work fine.

Thanks,
Nikhil

Re: DOM3 ErrorHandler

Posted by Nikhil Dinesh <ni...@seas.upenn.edu>.
I was implementing org.apache.dom3.DOMErrorHandler instead of
org.w3c.dom.DOMErrorHandler.

Thanks a lot.
-Nikhil

Re: DOM3 ErrorHandler

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hello Nikhil,

That should be fine. When built with the jars-dom3 target the
DOMConfiguration is expecting an instance org.w3c.dom.DOMErrorHandler.

Nikhil Dinesh <ni...@seas.upenn.edu> wrote on 07/13/2004 02:48:09 PM:

> Hi Michael,
>
> I build from the CVS repository checked out about two days ago. Ive
built
> with the jars-dom3 target as the FAQ suggests. Is [1] that you suggest
> different from this?
>
> Thanks,
> Nikhil
>
> On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Michael Glavassevich wrote:
>
> > Hi Nikhil,
> >
> > I'm guessing you tried this with the standard Xerces distribution. It
> > contains some hacked imports which get replaced with the real DOM
Level 3
> > interfaces by the Ant script when Xerces is built with DOM Level 3
> > support. It should work with the binaries [1] built with DOM Level 3
> > support.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > [1]

http://www.apache.org/dist/xml/xerces-j/beta2-dom3-Xerces-J-bin.2.6.2.zip

> > Nikhil Dinesh <ni...@seas.upenn.edu> wrote on 07/13/2004 02:00:00
PM:

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Im trying to set the DOM3 DOMErrorHandler through the
DOMConfiguration
> > > interface and I get a type mismatch error. Code looks like this:
> > >
> > > PSVIDocumentImpl psviDocument = new PSVIDocumentImpl();
> > >
> > > DOMConfiguration domConfig = psviDocument.getDomConfig();
> > >
> > > //myErrorHandler implements XMLErrorHandler(Xni), ErrorHandler(Sax),
and
> > > //                          DOMErrorHandler
> > > domConfig.setParameter("error-handler", myErrorHandler);
> > >
> > > The error I get is:
> > > org.w3.dom.DOMException: TYPE_MISMATCH_ERROR: The value for this
> > parameter
> > > name is incompatible with the expected value type
> > >
> > > Should I be implementing some other interface? The resource-resolver
and
> > > other parameters I set work fine.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Nikhil

> > > For additional commands, e-mail: xerces-j-user-help@xml.apache.org
> > >

> > Michael Glavassevich
> > XML Parser Development
> > IBM Toronto Lab
> > E-mail: mrglavas@ca.ibm.com
> > E-mail: mrglavas@apache.org

Michael Glavassevich
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
E-mail: mrglavas@ca.ibm.com
E-mail: mrglavas@apache.org

Re: DOM3 ErrorHandler

Posted by Nikhil Dinesh <ni...@seas.upenn.edu>.
Hi Michael,

Re: DOM3 ErrorHandler

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Nikhil,

I'm guessing you tried this with the standard Xerces distribution. It
contains some hacked imports which get replaced with the real DOM Level 3
interfaces by the Ant script when Xerces is built with DOM Level 3
support. It should work with the binaries [1] built with DOM Level 3
support.

Thanks.

[1]
http://www.apache.org/dist/xml/xerces-j/beta2-dom3-Xerces-J-bin.2.6.2.zip

Nikhil Dinesh <ni...@seas.upenn.edu> wrote on 07/13/2004 02:00:00 PM:

> Hi,
>
> Im trying to set the DOM3 DOMErrorHandler through the DOMConfiguration
> interface and I get a type mismatch error. Code looks like this:
>
> PSVIDocumentImpl psviDocument = new PSVIDocumentImpl();
>
> DOMConfiguration domConfig = psviDocument.getDomConfig();
>
> //myErrorHandler implements XMLErrorHandler(Xni), ErrorHandler(Sax), and
> //                          DOMErrorHandler
> domConfig.setParameter("error-handler", myErrorHandler);
>
> The error I get is:
> org.w3.dom.DOMException: TYPE_MISMATCH_ERROR: The value for this
parameter
> name is incompatible with the expected value type
>
> Should I be implementing some other interface? The resource-resolver and
> other parameters I set work fine.
>
> Thanks,
> Nikhil

Michael Glavassevich