Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org> on 2019/05/11 22:01:03 UTC

Re: Redirect Guacamole log to another file

On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 6:13 PM Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 6:19 AM Kamal Ezzaki <ka...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> in my case centos7 , i add this line into /etc/rsyslog.conf for guacd
>> # vi /etc/rsyslog.conf
>>
>> if $programname == 'guacd' then {
>>         /var/log/guacd.log
>>         ~
>> }
>>
>> but i want also the output the containt [http-bio-8080-exec-9] for login
>> attemps and users connections , any ideas ?
>>

> You'd have to configure Tomcat to redirect its output to Syslog.  I'm sure
> it's possible, but I'm not familiar with how to do it off the top of my
> head.

For the messages that are specific to Guacamole, I believe this can be done
through configuring logback, which has a syslog appender:

https://logback.qos.ch/manual/appenders.html#SyslogAppender

A configuration leveraging this could be applied by overriding Guacamole's
default logback configuration by providing a GUACAMOLE_HOME/logback.xml
file:

https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#webapp-logging

- Mike