Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Eko S.W." <sw...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/24 00:33:58 UTC

Can we use Text Area for String field in BeanEditor?

Hi All,

I've another (I hope last)
That is, Can we use Text Area for String field in BeanEditor?

do we have to interfere the TML file?
Thanks in advance for the answer!
--
Best wishes,
Eko SW

Re: Can we use Text Area for String field in BeanEditor?

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
I've been thinking of adding an annotation, perhaps BeanPropertyType
that would be used to override the default mechanism for determinng
the property type.  The property type is used to locate a block to
display a property (in BeanDisplay and Grid components) and edit a
property (in BeanEditor component, included inside BeanEditForm).

By allowing a specific override, we could then define property types
of "longtext" (that would use a TextArea) or even "richtext" that
would use some kind of rich text editor on the client side.  It would
also help with a number of other edge cases, such as is java.sql.Date
a date or a date and a time?

On Nov 23, 2007 3:33 PM, Eko S.W. <sw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've another (I hope last)
> That is, Can we use Text Area for String field in BeanEditor?
>
> do we have to interfere the TML file?
> Thanks in advance for the answer!
> --
> Best wishes,
> Eko SW
> My Heart : http://swdev.blogs.friendster.com/my_blog/
> My Job : http://swdevsoftwareconsulting.blogspot.com

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Partner and Senior Architect at Feature50

Re: Can we use Text Area for String field in BeanEditor?

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-1931

Posted by "Eko S.W." <sw...@gmail.com>.
Ouch.

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.
Yes.  That was my mistake.  The snippet I posted will work in a BeanEditForm
but does not appear to work for a BeanEditor.

--
Kevin

On 11/23/07 10:44 PM, in article
43136d4a0711231944x41dc3ea1g9938f8779f10996b@mail.gmail.com, "Eko S.W."