Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by fa...@gzedu.gov.cn on 2006/10/28 11:31:31 UTC

How can I setup an mp3 search engine?

Hi, I am using nutch 8.1 to search mp3 files in intranet http sites, I've revise the nutch-default.xml as following:
<property>
 <name>plugin.includes</name>
 <value>protocol-http|parse-mp3|urlfilter-regex|parse-(text|html|js)|index-basic|query-(basic|site|url)|summary-basic|scoring-opic</value>
 </property>
the crawl programe worked with no errors, but when I search a mp3 file, it return nothing but a file name.

Can the plugin "parse-mp3" parse the infomation in mp3 files such as author, song name, artist and so on ?

How can I setup an mp3 search engine?

thanks in advance.

Re: How can I setup an mp3 search engine?

Posted by Hasan Diwan <ha...@gmail.com>.
On 28/10/06, fangky@gzedu.gov.cn <fa...@gzedu.gov.cn> wrote:
> Can the plugin "parse-mp3" parse the infomation in mp3 files such as author, song name, artist and so on ?

The parse-mp3 plugin can obtain any information in the ID3 tags
contained in the file. If this information is not part of the file,
the plugin (as written) can not pluck information about the file from
thin air.
--
Cheers,
Hasan Diwan <ha...@gmail.com>

Re: How can I setup an mp3 search engine?

Posted by Nutch Newbie <nu...@gmail.com>.
You need to enable "index-more" and "query-more" plugins to enable
type, date range etc based query..

<property>
<name>plugin.includes</name>
<value>protocol-http|urlfilter-regex|parse-(text|html|js|mp3)|index-(basic|more)|query-(basic|more|site|url)|summary-basic|scoring-opic</value>
 </property>