Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Bhaskar K <bh...@yahoo.com> on 2005/09/29 12:10:45 UTC

add new tab

Hi All,

I have been trying to customize the tabs provided by default jetspeed-2 sample, like I want to add a new tab called "MyProject" that will point to "myproject.psml" file....I do not see this documented anywhere as to how the menus are generated on jetspeed-2.

Any help to understand the structure to customize... is appreciated.

Thanks
Bhaskar

---------------------------------

Re: add new tab

Posted by Jacek Wiślicki <ja...@gmail.com>.
Wiadomosc od Bhaskar K z 2005-09-29 14:42 brzmiala:

> yes, you are correct.. its as you have mentioned any .psml file in the folder is picked up & shown as a tab, I got this working after I posted this question. But you have a valid point.. what is the order of tabs? I think its alphabetical.. as I added a new psml with name yod.psml & was shown at the last.
Tab order can be defined in folder.metadata as <document-order>
elements. Furthermore, displaying tabs is affected by security
constraints and profiling rules.

--
pozdrawiam,
     Jacek Wislicki

jacek.wislicki@gmail.com
tel.: +48 502 408 444
gg: 2540358
skype: jacek_wislicki

Re: add new tab

Posted by Kishore Sasidharan <ki...@cognizant.com>.
hi Bhaskar

You can control the order of the tabs.Just refer to some .ds or
foldermeta file the jetspeed home folder.

regards
kishore

On Thu, 2005-09-29 at 13:42 +0100, Bhaskar K wrote:
> yes, you are correct.. its as you have mentioned any .psml file in the folder is picked up & shown as a tab, I got this working after I posted this question. But you have a valid point.. what is the order of tabs? I think its alphabetical.. as I added a new psml with name yod.psml & was shown at the last.
>
> -Bhaskar
>
> Aaron Evans <aa...@yahoo.ca> wrote:
> Bhaskar K yahoo.com> writes:
>

> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have been trying to customize the tabs provided by default jetspeed-2
> sample, like I want to add a new tab
> > called "MyProject" that will point to "myproject.psml" file....I do not see
> this documented anywhere as
> > to how the menus are generated on jetspeed-2.
> >
> > Any help to understand the structure to customize... is appreciated.
> >

> Yes, please, if someone could clear up how the tabs get assembled.
>
> I see how the left navs are generated based on the folder.metadata file but
> the tabs are still a mystery.
>
> What I *think* is happening, is that any .psml file within the directory that
> you are "currently browsing" (for lack of a better term) is picked up and made
> into a tab.
>
> This seems to be the point of:
>
> #includeTabsNavigation($site.siblingPages)
>
> in decorator-top.vm.
>
> The only exception to this seems to be that the tab will *not* be shown if you
> are not authorized to view the .psml file based on its security constraints.
>
> But if this is the case, how does one control the order of the tabs?

> ---------------------------------
> To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Yahoo! Security Centre.

Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.

  Visit us at http://www.cognizant.com

Re: add new tab

Posted by Bhaskar K <bh...@yahoo.com>.

Re: add new tab

Posted by Aaron Evans <aa...@yahoo.ca>.

RE: add new tab

Posted by EDU COLL <ed...@hotmail.com>.
You have to add a psml file into WEB-INF/page of jetspeed. Set the title of
that file with the value "myproject". The tabs generation in
layout/html/tigris/decorator-macros.vm.