Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Tomas Jacobsson <to...@su.eip.ericsson.se> on 2001/10/30 15:09:12 UTC

Multicast

Hello!
I wonder if there is some easy way to send multicast with Soap, like in the
multicast class in java where you are using sockets. The problem with this is
that I think you must have a soap server at every client that should recieve
this multicast, or can it be any other way to solve this? Like for example only
with the Soap.jar file at the client.
Regards

Tomas

Re: Multicast

Posted by William Brogden <wb...@bga.com>.

Tomas Jacobsson wrote:

> Hello!
> I wonder if there is some easy way to send multicast with Soap, like in the
> multicast class in java where you are using sockets. The problem with this is
> that I think you must have a soap server at every client that should recieve
> this multicast, or can it be any other way to solve this? Like for example only
> with the Soap.jar file at the client.
> Regards
>
> Tomas

You can certainly multicast with SMTP email, Java Message Service
or JavaSpaces. Your client could simply make use of XML to parse the
message without caring about SOAP niceties.

--
WBB - wbrogden@lanw.com
Java Cert mock exams http://www.lanw.com/java/javacert/

Re: Multicast