Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by sreepriya ramakrishnan <sr...@yahoo.com> on 2006/09/29 15:53:06 UTC

Geronimo and LDAP

Hi,

I am trying to run the example provided ldap-jetty
under geronimo V1.0
when I try to deploy the realm, I get this exception

Could not load class
org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.LoginModuleGBean

Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Thansk,
priya

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Geronimo and LDAP

Posted by sreepriya ramakrishnan <sr...@yahoo.com>.
Hi ,

I ran the example even though I got the error. I got
the hello.html page instead of the page saying LDAP
configuration is working. Is this right? I ahve
Geronimo with Tomcat installed.

Please let me know if I am in the right track.

Thanks,
priya

--- Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Sreepriya,
> if you use the ldap-realm.xml file provided with the
> zip you should be OK.
> I've been able to reproduce the error by copying and
> pasting the content listed in the doc into a new xml
> file.
> When I put that example in the doc I had to break
> some long lines into multiple lines, for instance
>
>         <reference name="LoginService">

<gbean-name>geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=org/apache/geronimo/Security,

J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=JaasLoginService,name=JaasLoginService
>             </gbean-name>
>
> If the <gbean-name> islisted in a single line you
> should not have any problems deploying this realm.
> Just in case, I attached the realm.xml
>
> Let me know if you still see this problem.
>
> HTH
>
> Cheers!
> Hernan
>
> sreepriya ramakrishnan wrote:
> > We are using version 1.0  and I am trying to
> follow
> > http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC10/ldap-realm.html
> >
> > but when I try to deploy the realm I get:

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException:
> > Could not load class or
> > g.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.LoginModuleGBean
> >
> > Can you let me know what I am doing wrong
> >
> > Appreciate your help
> >
> > Thanks,
> > priya
> > --- Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Sreepriya,
> >> what version of Geronimo are you using?
> >> If you are using v1.1 check this article
> >>
> >> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC11/ldap-realm.html
> >>
> >> Cheers!
> >> Hernan

> ldap-jetty
> >> exception
> >>>
> org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.LoginModuleGBean

> >> protection around

> protection around
> > http://mail.yahoo.com
> >
> > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>
> <configuration
>
> xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment"
>     configId="org/apache/geronimo/ldap-secure">
>
>    <gbean name="ldap-login"

class="org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.LoginModuleGBean">
>         <attribute

name="loginModuleClass">org.apache.geronimo.security.realm.providers.LDAPLoginModule</attribute>
>         <attribute
> name="serverSide">true</attribute>
>         <attribute name="options">

initialContextFactory=com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory
> 		connectionURL=ldap://localhost:1389
> 		connectionUsername=uid=admin,ou=system
> 		connectionPassword=secret
> 		connectionProtocol=
> 		authentication=simple
> 		userBase=ou=users,ou=system
> 		userSearchMatching=uid={0}
> 		userSearchSubtree=false
> 		roleBase=ou=groups,ou=system
> 		roleName=cn
> 		roleSearchMatching=(uniqueMember={0})
> 		roleSearchSubtree=false
> 		userRoleName=
> 	  </attribute>
>         <attribute
> name="loginDomainName">ldap-realm</attribute>
>     </gbean>
>
>     <gbean name="ldap-realm"

class="org.apache.geronimo.security.realm.GenericSecurityRealm">
>         <attribute
> name="realmName">ldap-realm</attribute>
>         <reference name="LoginModuleConfiguration">
>             	<name>ldap-login</name>
>         </reference>
>         <reference name="ServerInfo">
>
> <module>org/apache/geronimo/System</module>
>             <name>ServerInfo</name>
>         </reference>
>         <!-- Add -->
>         <reference name="LoginService">

<gbean-name>geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=org/apache/geronimo/Security,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=JaasLoginService,name=JaasLoginService</gbean-name>
>          </reference>
>     </gbean>
>
>     <gbean name="ldap-login"

class="org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.JaasLoginModuleUse">
>         <attribute
> name="controlFlag">REQUIRED</attribute>
>         <reference name="LoginModule">
>             <name>ldap-login</name>
>         </reference>
>     </gbean>
>
>      <gbean name="ldaptest"

class="org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.ServerRealmConfigurationEntry">
>         <attribute
> name="applicationConfigName">ldaptest</attribute>
>         <attribute
> name="realmName">ldap-realm</attribute>
>         <reference

name="LoginService"><gbean-name>geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=org/apache/geronimo/Security,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=JaasLoginService,name=JaasLoginService</gbean-name></reference>

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Geronimo and LDAP

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.
I just got to that error, not sure why it's happening, I didn't see it before. I'll keep digging and let you know.

Re: Geronimo and LDAP

Posted by sreepriya ramakrishnan <sr...@yahoo.com>.
Hi ,

http://mail.yahoo.com