Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by re...@circle-cross-jn.com on 2012/07/09 21:17:58 UTC

HBASE -- YCSB ?

	Now that I have a stable cluster, I would like to use YCSB to test
its performance; however, I am a bit confused after reading several
different website posting about YCSB.

	1) Be default will YCSB read my hbase-site.xml file or do I have to
copy it into the YCSB conf directory?  I plan on using on of my nodes
with no Hadoop/HBASE processes running on it, but it has all the
environmental stuff in place.

	2) Does the hbase.master property have to be site in the
hbase-site.xml file for YCSB to work?

	3) After working through all the workloads is there a script/tool
that will clean up my HBase?

	 Thank You

	---

	Jay Wilson

Re: HBASE -- YCSB ?

Posted by Suraj Varma <sv...@gmail.com>.
Search for "hadoop-dns-checker" in http://hbase.apache.org/book.html
That tool might help figure out if your cluster networking is all right.
--S

Re: HBASE -- YCSB ?

Posted by Dhaval Shah <pr...@yahoo.co.in>.
There is definitely a debug flag on hbase.. You can find out details on http://hbase.apache.org/shell.html.. I am not sure how much details would it log though.. I have never used it personally

Regards,
Dhaval

> Now that I have a stable cluster, I would like to use YCSB to test
> its performance; however, I am a bit confused after reading
several
> different website posting about YCSB.
>
> 1) Be default will YCSB read my hbase-site.xml [10] [2] file or do
have to
> copy it into the YCSB conf directory? I plan on using on of my
nodes
> with no Hadoop/HBASE processes running on it, but it has all the
> environmental stuff in place.

You have to put the hbase-site.xml [11] [3] in
YCSB/hbase/src/main/conf/.

> 2) Does the hbase.master [12] [4] property have to be site in the
> hbase-site.xml [13] [5] file for YCSB to work?

The only property that has to be there is the zookeeper quorum list.
That's what the HBase client needs to talk to the cluster.

> 3) After working through all the workloads is there a script/tool
> that will clean up my HBase?

Nope. You'll need to go in and disable, drop the table you wrote
too. You can do that from the shell.

disable 'mytable'
drop 'mytable'

That's all you'll need to do to clean it up.

> Thank You
>
> ---
>
> Jay Wilson

Links:
------

Posted by re...@circle-cross-jn.com.

	 Is there a "debug" flag I can use with hbase shell that will tell
me the name it's trying to resolve?

	Thank you

	---

	Jay Wilson

 > Now that I have a stable cluster, I would like to use YCSB to test
 > its performance; however, I am a bit confused after reading
 several
 > different website posting about YCSB.
 >
 > 1) Be default will YCSB read my hbase-site.xml [10] [2] file or do
 have to
 > copy it into the YCSB conf directory? I plan on using on of my
 nodes
 > with no Hadoop/HBASE processes running on it, but it has all the
 > environmental stuff in place.

 You have to put the hbase-site.xml [11] [3] in
YCSB/hbase/src/main/conf/.

 > 2) Does the hbase.master [12] [4] property have to be site in the
 > hbase-site.xml [13] [5] file for YCSB to work?

 The only property that has to be there is the zookeeper quorum list.
 That's what the HBase client needs to talk to the cluster.

 > 3) After working through all the workloads is there a script/tool
 > that will clean up my HBase?

 Nope. You'll need to go in and disable, drop the table you wrote
 too. You can do that from the shell.

 disable 'mytable'
 drop 'mytable'

 That's all you'll need to do to clean it up.

 > Thank You
 >
 > ---
 >
 > Jay Wilson

 Links:
 ------

Re: HBASE -- YCSB ?

    I go into "hbase shell" to create a table from my HMaster, which
isn't running a DN process and I get the following.  Could this be
caused by a number of my DNs being offline, by the fact that the node
isn't running a DN process, or something else?

    hbase(main):013:0> create 'usertable', 'testcol'

ERROR: java.net.NoRouteToHostException:
java.netNoRouteToHostException: No route to host

[...]

ERROR: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: Bad connect ack with
firstBadLink as 172.18.0.9:50010

    I assume this means it is trying to talk to a DN process on a node
that I know is down.

     ---

    Jay Wilson

> Now that I have a stable cluster, I would like to use YCSB to test
> its performance; however, I am a bit confused after reading
several
> different website posting about YCSB.
>
> 1) Be default will YCSB read my hbase-site.xml [2] file or do I
have to
> copy it into the YCSB conf directory? I plan on using on of my
nodes
> with no Hadoop/HBASE processes running on it, but it has all the
> environmental stuff in place.

You have to put the hbase-site.xml [3] in YCSB/hbase/src/main/conf/.

> 2) Does the hbase.master [4] property have to be site in the
> hbase-site.xml [5] file for YCSB to work?

The only property that has to be there is the zookeeper quorum list.
That's what the HBase client needs to talk to the cluster.

> 3) After working through all the workloads is there a script/tool
> that will clean up my HBase?

Nope. You'll need to go in and disable, drop the table you wrote
too. You can do that from the shell.

disable 'mytable'
drop 'mytable'

That's all you'll need to do to clean it up.

> Thank You
>
> ---
>
> Jay Wilson

Links:
------
[1] mailto:registration@circle-cross-jn.com
[2] http://hbase-site.xml
[3] http://hbase-site.xml
[4] http://hbase.master
[5] http://hbase-site.xml

> [...]

have to
 > copy it into the YCSB conf directory? I plan on using on of my
nodes
 > with no Hadoop/HBASE processes running on it, but it has all the
 > environmental stuff in place.

 You have to put the hbase-site.xml [3] in YCSB/hbase/src/main/conf/.

 > 2) Does the hbase.master [4] property have to be site in the
 > hbase-site.xml [5] file for YCSB to work?

 The only property that has to be there is the zookeeper quorum list.
That's what the HBase client needs to talk to the cluster.

 > 3) After working through all the workloads is there a script/tool
 > that will clean up my HBase?

 Nope. You'll need to go in and disable, drop the table you wrote
too. You can do that from the shell.

 disable 'mytable'
 drop 'mytable'

 That's all you'll need to do to clean it up.

Links:
------

Re: HBASE -- YCSB ?

Posted by Amandeep Khurana <am...@gmail.com>.
Inline.

On Monday, July 9, 2012 at 12:17 PM, registration@circle-cross-jn.com wrote:

> Now that I have a stable cluster, I would like to use YCSB to test
> its performance; however, I am a bit confused after reading several
> different website posting about YCSB.
>
> 1) Be default will YCSB read my hbase-site.xml file or do I have to
> copy it into the YCSB conf directory?  I plan on using on of my nodes
> with no Hadoop/HBASE processes running on it, but it has all the
> environmental stuff in place.

You have to put the hbase-site.xml in YCSB/hbase/src/main/conf/.