Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dave Belfer-Shevett <db...@homeport.org> on 2008/10/03 00:19:18 UTC

Tons of Could not find property messages - log4j is not helping?

I saw another thread about this already, and the suggestions were to
turn off dev mode (I'm not running devmode), or to filter them out in my
logging mechanism.

I have log4j.xml in my .war file, and I use it to control logging in all
my classes, but I can't find the right magical incantation to turn this
one off.  Currently I'm using:

<category name="com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.logging.commons.CommonsLogger">
	<priority value="ERROR"/>
</category>

but that is doing nothing (i've tried various incantaions on the name
line, none have any effect).

Help please?

--
-------------------.--------.-------------------------------.
Dave Belfer-Shevett \ KB1FWR \ JID: dbs@jabber.stonekeep.com \

Re: Tons of Could not find property messages - log4j is not helping?

Posted by Chris Pratt <th...@gmail.com>.
Personally, I seem to be able to control everything but these messages, so
I'm fairly confident that the configuration is in the right place.
  (*Chris*)

Posted by Nils-Helge Garli Hegvik <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by 928572663 <92...@cox.net>.

Posted by 928572663 <92...@cox.net>.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Pratt <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
very good dave..

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Chris Pratt <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- On Fri, 10/17/08, Martin Gainty wrote:
> import org.apache.log4j.Logger;
>
> public class BeyondFuBarAction extends FuBarAction {
>     private static final Logger LOG =
> Logger.getLogger(BeyondFuBarAction.class);
>
>     /** override super */
>     public String execute() throws Exception {
>         LOG.error("beyond FUBAR");

I think part of your code got truncated, the part that turns off the "could not find property" log messages.

Dave

RE: Tons of Could not find property messages - log4j is not helping?

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
I can't find the original thread w/ the log msgs.

There's also the ognl logger; log4j.logger.ognl=XXX (or however Log4J does it, if you're using Log4J).

Dave

Posted by Chris Pratt <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by 928572663 <92...@cox.net>.

Posted by Pierre Thibaudeau <pi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by 928572663 <92...@cox.net>.
Is there a way to determine which logging properties need to be
configured to remove / change all of the struts logging?

I haven't seen a confluence page on that topic yet.

i.e., if I wanted to set the whole logging level for all of struts2 to
ERROR, how would I find the property names to set?

Thanks,
John

Posted by Miguel <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi!,