Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by Juan Moreno <jw...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/16 23:02:52 UTC

Chain Jobs and Accumulo.

Hi there, I have a use case where I need to use a Chain Mapper and/or
Reducer. The problem is that
the AccumuloInputFormat extends hadoop.mapreduce.InputFormat rather than
implementing hadoop.mapred.InputFormat

Trying to make use of *org.apache.hadoop.mapred.lib.ChainMapper*
does not work because it requires the use of the mapred package. Is there a
version of the AccumuloInputFormat which uses
the hadoop.mapred package instead? Can InputFormatBase be rewritten with
the newer API?

Thanks!
Juan

Re: Chain Jobs and Accumulo.

Posted by Marc Parisi <ma...@accumulo.net>.
Jim is right.

Since the functions specified by ChainMapper are all done in the same
context, I htink you could write your Mapper and reducer to perform the
same functionality. Additionally, you could chain jobs, though that will
require a spill.

Re: Chain Jobs and Accumulo.

Re: Chain Jobs and Accumulo.

Posted by William Slacum <wi...@accumulo.net>.
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hadoop-common-user/201203.mbox/%3CCAOcnVr0osRAwytaU7LT+agf0BmMCWFhRGpj8_Ga4U6MaC2YkpA@mail.gmail.com%3E

It looks like the old API was given a second chance at life and is now
being billed as the "stable" API.

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 2:39 PM, Billie J Rinaldi <billie.j.rinaldi@ugov.gov

Re: Chain Jobs and Accumulo.

Posted by William Slacum <wi...@accumulo.net>.
You'd basically be doing a copy of the getInputSplits and getRecordReader
methods, except they'd be returning the mapred version of those classes.

Re: Chain Jobs and Accumulo.

Posted by Juan Moreno <jw...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the heads up; that really bites.

In that case, it seems I'll just try to create a custom Input and Output
Format using the mapred api.

I will submit a patch to ACCUMULO-695 if I make something interesting.

Thanks!

Re: Chain Jobs and Accumulo.

Posted by John Armstrong <jr...@ccri.com>.

Re: Chain Jobs and Accumulo.