Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com> on 2005/07/15 18:43:37 UTC

Jackrabbit quarterly report

For the incubator report to the board:

Jackrabbit has attracted public interest from many different
projects, both open source and commercial in nature, and has over
250 people reading the developer list.  During the past quarter
we added one new committer, Edgar Poce, and cleared the minimum
threshold of three independent committers.

The big news is that JCR, the Content Repository for Java
Technology 1.0 API, has been completed by the JSR 170 expert group
and received final approval from the J2SE/EE executive committee
at the end of May.  We are currently working on restructuring the
Jackrabbit project directories in preparation of an eagerly
anticipated first release candidate and passing the official TCK,
at which point we are hoping to graduate from Incubator to
TLP status for the 1.0 release.

Cheers,

Roy T. Fielding                            <http://roy.gbiv.com/>
Chief Scientist, Day Software              <http://www.day.com/>