Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Zoe Ballz <zo...@zoeballz.tv> on 2004/07/18 15:33:38 UTC

[users@httpd] Accessing password file on other side of the world !!!

Hi people

Here's what I want to do:

I do web hosting partly with a resellers deal and the reseller host machine
is not on my network here. The reseller company do not allow VPN to access
files..

I want to set up some services on my machines here, on www2 subdomain of my
main domain but I only want those services to be accessible from customers
that have id's on the reseller machine. So I thought of maybe using
.htaccess in the dir for these services, but pointing at the passwords file
on the reseller machine. If it is possible I can allow access without having
to keep 2 password files in sync.

Reseller machine is FREEBSD, machine here is Win32. Both run apache 1.3.31

Any idea if its possible? Anyone got any examples please?

Many thanks

Zoe

http://zoeballz.net - Website Hosting for the Transgendered Community

Re: [users@httpd] Tools for Diagnosing Firewall/Apache/WebDAV Problems

Posted by Robert Andersson <ro...@profundis.nu>.
Siegfried Heintze wrote:
> I'm wondering about some tools that would permit me to see the TCP/IP
> packets.
>
> Can anyone recommend a tool?

Ethereal, perhaps? http://www.ethereal.com/

Regards,
Robert Andersson

[users@httpd] Tools for Diagnosing Firewall/Apache/WebDAV Problems

Posted by Siegfried Heintze <si...@heintze.com>.
Several weeks (or months?) ago I posted a query about WebDAV (mod_dav with
Apache 2.0.46 on Win2003). It is working great behind my firewall with IE6.
I explained that web pages are available from the far side of the firewall,
just not webdav.

Since I received no responses, I'm wondering about some tools that would
permit me to see the TCP/IP packets. There must be some difference between
the packets that are being received from IE when IE is behind the firewall
v. not behind the firewall.

We know that port 80 is open because I can see normal web pages from beyond
the firewall. I'm hoping to find all too that understands the xml what IE
should be sending to mod_dav.

Can anyone recommend a tool?
   Thanks!
         Siegfried

Re: [users@httpd] virtual host setup error

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 10:33:36 -0400, Mark <ma...@s-wit.net> wrote:
> what is this error referring to ?
> [warn]  _default_ VirtualHost overloap on port 8080, the first has
> precedence
>
> thought many could run on ipless

Show us the virtual host portion of httpd.conf.

Joshua.

[users@httpd] virtual host setup error