Posted to dev@parquet.apache.org by Xinli shang <sh...@uber.com.INVALID> on 2020/03/24 16:44:27 UTC

Parquet sync meeting notes

3/24/2020

Attendee:  Walid, Gabor, Xindong, Gidon, Shrikumar, Xinli

Topics:

Column Encryption

   -

   PR-769 <https://github.com/apache/parquet-mr/pull/769> is being
   reviewed. Gidon/Xinli just addressed the feedback this morning and Gabor is
   going to have another look.
   -

   Gidon has the code that encrypted column indexes, waiting for PR-769
   <https://github.com/apache/parquet-mr/pull/769> to be merged and then
   create PR.

Parquet-11 Release

   -

   Spark-26346 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-26346>/
   PARQUET-1774 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PARQUET-1774>: There
   is a finding in Spark. Gabor is waiting for the Spark community to verify
   the fix of Parquet-1174. No response from Spark yet.

Bloom Filter:

   -

   Walid created the PRs for Union/Intersection APIs
   -

      Gabor: We would like to see use cases of them before we can add them.
      -

   Bloom Filter configuration
   -

      Comments: Have a page to discuss the configuration

Parquet-1804:

   -

   Xindong: Some performant compression methods utilizing hardware can
   accelerate compression. We want the parquet-mr to support a customized
   compression method.
   -

   Concern from the community: We already have some issues between
   parquet-mr and parquet-cpp as an example. If we open the door for users to
   customize their own compression, then more compatibility issues could
   happen.

--
Xinli Shang