Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by "Craig A. Hill" <Cr...@sysatl.com> on 2015/02/09 22:14:43 UTC

FW: To make the Auditing fire on Geronimo

I was having trouble getting JPA auditing fire on Geronimo, here is what I would.

Geronimo uses OPENJPA of a different version than the latest which is ,      2.4.0 .

To make the Auditing fire on  Geronimo App-Server-EJB, I had to decompile class file
org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.class      in Geronimo openjpa-2.2.2.jar   .

then I had to add these lines to the bottom of the initialize()  method,  ( which are found in openjpa-2.4.0.jar   )

    if (!fromDeserialization) {
      this._factory.addListeners(this);
    }

just before the
        if (_factory.syncWithManagedTransaction(this, false))

line.

Then I had to re-compile back into the openjpa-2.2.2.jar  into Geronimo repository.
(  %GERONIMO_HOME%\repository\org\apache\openjpa\openjpa\2.2.2 \    )

This will enable Auditing  to start on Geronimo.

How can I upgrade the entire module for OPENJPA on Geronimo to get the latest version running ?

Craig Hill