Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Benedikt Fraunhofer <fr...@wor.net> on 2000/03/16 19:11:43 UTC

mod_include/5893: mod_include doesn't work when used in mod_vhost_alias

>Number:         5893
>Category:       mod_include
>Synopsis:       mod_include doesn't work when used in mod_vhost_alias
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Thu Mar 16 10:20:01 PST 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     fraunhofer@wor.net
>Release:        1.3.12
I am running mod_vhost_alias like the following:
<VirtualHost ...>
        VirtualDocumentRoot /local/www/vhostlinks/%0
        VirtualScriptAlias /local/www/vhostlinks/%0-cgi
</VirtualHost>

The /local/www/vhostlinks is a directory where symbolic links point to the directorys where the real webpages live.
Work's fine so far. But the include directives don't work for this.
The files seem to be not parsed but DirectoryIndex .shtml is set and
AddType text/html .shtml
AddHandler server-parsed .shtml
is set, too.
It work's when i use name-based or ip-based virtual hosting, but not with
"Dynamically configured mass virtual hosting".

I read the thing about "changing DOCUMENT_ROOT dynamically" and that it is not possible. But why don't work things that don't need DOCUMENT_ROOT to be set properly. (like <!--#printenv -->)?

Options +Includes is set global.

If this is my fault 'caus i missed to read the "INCLUDES DOES NOT WORK with mod_vhost_alias" i am sorry.
    working SSI: http://trillian2.wor.net/123.shtml (name based vhost)
not working SSI: http://wwwserv2.wor.net/123.shtml  (mod_vhost_alias)

 [to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]