Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by mraible <ma...@raibledesigns.com> on 2007/08/23 18:20:11 UTC

Validation and CSS with 4.1.3-SNAPSHOT

After upgrading from 4.0.2 to 4.1.3-SNAPSHOT, I'm getting some strange issues
in regards to validation. When the client-side validation pops up, all I see
is an "OK" button and nothing else. Are there some CSS styles I need to add
in order to see the messages?

Also, is it possible to have the errors inlined instead of in a popup?

Screenshot:  http://www.nabble.com/file/p12296912/Picture%2B1.png

Thanks,

Matt

Re: Validation and CSS with 4.1.3-SNAPSHOT

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
Just the snapshot - release was scheduled for 15-20 Aug but 1-2 more weeks
are still needed.

Posted by mraible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.

Posted by mraible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.
I discovered (by pure luck) that the following "validators" binding was
causing the problem:

    <component id="countryField" type="PropertySelection">
        <binding name="model" value="countries"/>
        <binding name="value" value="user.address.country"/>
        <binding name="validators" value="validators:required"/>
        <binding name="displayName" value="message:user.address.country"/>
    </component>

When I removed the "validators" binding, everything works. Is Dojo's
client-side validation incapable of handling <select> elements?

Thanks,

Matt

Posted by mraible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.