Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Yuh-Fwu Guu <yu...@csicontrols.com> on 2000/12/11 20:09:11 UTC

NoSuchMethodError

I am struggling with the "NoSuchMethodError" as shown below, I know it has to do with the DOM class in my classpath but I am not able to find out how to resolve this problem. Can anyone please give me a hand on this?

I was using NT4.0 Workstation + SP6 + JDK1.3 + Apache 1.3.14 + JRun 3.0 + xalan-j_2_0_D01 first and cannot get around this problem by trying to change the jar files included in my classpath.

My second try was using a newly configured NT4.0 Server + SP6 + JDK1.3 + Apache 1.3.14 + TomCat 3.2 + xalan-j_2_0_D01. I am still getting the same error.

I have identified that there is a parser.jar file in the TomCat's lib directory that contains the org.w3c.dom class. TomCat does not start if I took the parser.jar out. What do I do to get this problem resolved?

Can anyone please help!!! Thanks a lot!!!

Error: 500
Location: /servlet/LoginServlet
Internal Servlet Error:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
	at org.apache.xpath.DOM2Helper.getLocalNameOfNode(DOM2Helper.java:253)
	at org.apache.xalan.templates.TemplateList.getHead(TemplateList.java:416)
	at org.apache.xalan.templates.TemplateList.getTemplate(TemplateList.java:470)
	at org.apache.xalan.templates.StylesheetComposed.getWhiteSpaceInfo(StylesheetComposed.java:313)
	at org.apache.xalan.stree.Parent.appendChild(Parent.java:246)