Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Software Dev <st...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/13 20:18:26 UTC

Help me understand these newrelic graphs

Here are some screen shots of our Solr Cloud cluster via Newrelic

http://postimg.org/gallery/2hyzyeyc/

We currently have a 5 node cluster and all indexing is done on separate
machines and shipped over. Our machines are running on SSD's with 18G of
ram (Index size is 8G). We only have 1 shard at the moment with replicas on
all 5 machines. I'm guessing thats a bit of a waste?

How come when we do our bulk updating the response time actually decreases?
I would think the load would be higher therefor response time should be
higher. Any way I can decrease the response time?

Thanks

Re: Help me understand these newrelic graphs

Posted by Software Dev <st...@gmail.com>.
Otis, I want to get those spikes down lower if possible. As mentioned in
the above posts that the 25ms timing you are seeing is not really accurate
because that's the average response time for ALL requests including the
bulk add operations which are generally super fast. Our true response time
is around 100ms.

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Software Dev <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Software Dev <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Software Dev <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

Ralphs comment makes sense. We can confirm his explanation. What happens when you select only QueryComponent and FacetComponent in first graph (requests response time)?

Posted by ralph tice <ra...@gmail.com>.