Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by pokkie <po...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/29 15:05:10 UTC

Hibernate/Spring transaction problem

i have a button on a form, when clicked it saves a object to the database
(via Spring's HibernateTemplate),
but for some reason when i look in the db it is not there, until i go to
another page, then suddenly the object is being written into the database.

i am presuming that the session is not being flushed, until i go to another
page, so i added a flush
to my save method, but still experience the same behaviour.

either the session or i am thinking that it might be running in a long
running transaction,
which only ends once a new request is coming in, and subsequently write the
data to the database.

any thoughts?

 -- pokkie

Re: Hibernate/Spring transaction problem

Posted by fero <fr...@gmail.com>.
I dont know anything about Spring Hibernate template. But I use a class
HibernateUtil from book Manning: Hibernate in Action (or Java perzistnce
with Hibernate, it is a 2nd edition of first book) and it works super. I
have only one SessionFactory in JVM, and only one Session and Transaction in
every  thread. U can look for it.

Fero

Posted by pokkie <po...@gmail.com>.
Hey Vincenzo ,