Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Bharath Ravi <bh...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/26 01:08:57 UTC

DataTransferProtocol Implementations

Hi all,

I'm trying some experiments where I need to perform actions whenever a data
block is read/written to by a client
There seem to be two classes that implement readBlock() and writeBlock():
DataXceiver.java and Sender.java.

Looking at the documentation, I note that DataXceiverServer and DataXceiver
are used to respond to clients.
In what cases is the "Sender" class used? (It is also used by DataXceiver
itself, in a few cases)

Thanks a lot for the help!
--
Bharath Ravi

Re: DataTransferProtocol Implementations

Posted by Bharath Ravi <bh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot for clarifying, Tsz-Wo!

Posted by Tsz Wo Sze <sz...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Bharath,