Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Mats Forslöf <Ma...@portwise.com> on 2006/03/23 13:47:59 UTC

New AMQ C++ client update

Hi,

The new update should make the C++ client on par with the C# client. The client is now APR free which makes it totally independent of 3rd party libs and it compiles on both Windows and Linux (make files and updated groovy scripts included). Also, we have made a slight architectural re-design that differs from the C# client on the marshalling part - because of this there is no need for all the marshallers/registry. If any OpenWire guru could look through the marshalling part, to make sure we don't have made any obvious mistake, it would be appreciated.

We will start testing/debugging shortly, however there are still some things that need some more work or are missing;

 - Support for UTF-8
 - Exception handling
 - SocketFactory/SSL Socket
 - ActiveMQStream/ObjectMessage
 - Code comments

The update is uploaded to a Jira issue, http://jira.activemq.org/jira/browse/AMQ-656.

Regards,
Mats

Re: New AMQ C++ client update

Posted by ErinO <Er...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

It is nice to try the C++ client update. Although there are some glitches
(reference count problem, non-initialized variables etc.), I got the client
talk to a broker, seems there are some marshalling issues which I don't know
how to solve them.

The C++ client tried to talk to a ActiveMQ4.0 M4 broker, they didn't
understand each other, I am wondering which version's broker the client
should talk to? RC? Could you please also tell me how to regenerate the
command classes? Seems the page on the ActiveMQ.org shows how to use the
groovy scripts is broken.

Thanks

Erin

Re: New AMQ C++ client update

Posted by Nathan Mittler <na...@gmail.com>.
Mats - great stuff! ... I've downloaded your code and had to make a few
adjustments for compiling on gcc 4.x (but not many).  I wanted to upload the
changes to your JIRA issue, but the server seems to be down right now.  I'll
send you an e-mail directly with the code and a general outline of what I
had to change to compile ... stay tuned.

Nate