Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com> on 2009/11/23 11:36:01 UTC

Proposal for some changes to the fields of AcctgTrans/AcctgTransEntry

I would like to introduce the following changes to the entity definitions of AcctgTrans and AcctgTransEntry:

1) move the field AcctgTransEntry.currencyUomId to AcctgTrans.currencyUomId (but keeping the AcctgTransEntry.origCurrencyUomId as is now)
2) add the new field AcctgTrans.totalAmount: for a valid transaction the field (its absolute value) will have to match with absolute value of the sum of all credits (or debits); before a transaction it is posted, the system will check that AcctgTrans.totalAmount = sum of all credits (AcctgTransEntry) = sum of all debits (AcctgTransEntry)

Main reasons for this:
a) since the records in AcctgTrans actually represents the lines of a Journal, it makes sense to have in them all the fields required by journals (type/description of the transaction, date and amount)
b) the user workflow will be improved: when the AcctgTrans is created (before the entries) the user already know the amount to be posted (and split into the different Ledgers)

What do you think?

Jacopo

Re: Proposal for some changes to the fields of AcctgTrans/AcctgTransEntry

Posted by Sumit Pandit <su...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Jacopo, These changes are good, +1.

--
Thanks And Regards
Sumit Pandit

Posted by Anil Patel <an...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Jacopo,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
2) sounds like a good improvement to me

Jacques

From: "Jacopo Cappellato" <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Posted by David E Jones <de...@me.com>.
Sorry for the delay in taking a look at this... I'll second (or fifth?) other in saying that this looks like a fine idea.

-David

Posted by Chirag Manocha <ma...@gmail.com>.
I totally agree on these changes. This will also helps in effective report
generations.

Regards
--
Chirag Manocha