Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Markus <sp...@yahoo.de> on 2007/01/28 16:07:54 UTC

Analyzer for searching directly with Lucene

Hi,

we like to use nutch (0.8.1) to crawl our intranet. But instead of using
NutchBean for searching, we directly search by using the QueryParser and
IndexSearcher of Lucene. So when creating a query with the QueryParser,
an analyzer is needed. To get things running, we first use the
StandardAnalyzer, which seems to work (we did not define any
analysis-xxx as plugin yet).

Now we like to use the "analysis-de" plugin, which (afaik) is based on
the GermanAnalyzer. And here is my question: Is it enough to use the
GermanAnalyzer for the QueryParser or are there other components of
nutch which I should consider when directly using Lucene? I looked at
the source code of nutch, and it seems to me, that this should work -
but I´m not really sure about this.

Thanks a lot!
Markus