Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Fergus McMenemie <fe...@twig.me.uk> on 2009/04/06 16:16:02 UTC

Re: Using ExtractingRequestHandler to index a large PDF ~solved

Hmmm,

Not sure how this all hangs together. But editing my solrconfig.xml as follows
sorted the problem:-

    <requestParsers enableRemoteStreaming="false" multipartUploadLimitInKB="2048" />

    <requestParsers enableRemoteStreaming="false" multipartUploadLimitInKB="20048" />

Also, my initial report of the issue was misled by the log messages. The mention
of "oceania.pdf" refers to a previous successful tika extract. There no mention
of the filename that was rejected in the logs or any information that would help
me identify it!

Regards Fergus.

Posted by Fergus McMenemie <fe...@twig.me.uk>.
>On Apr 6, 2009, at 10:16 AM, Fergus McMenemie wrote:
>
>> Hmmm,
>>
>> Not sure how this all hangs together. But editing my solrconfig.xml
>> as follows
>> sorted the problem:-
>>
>>    <requestParsers enableRemoteStreaming="false"
>> multipartUploadLimitInKB="2048" />
>>
>>    <requestParsers enableRemoteStreaming="false"
>> multipartUploadLimitInKB="20048" />
>>

>We should document this on the wiki or in the config, if it isn't
>already.

As best I could tell it is not documented. I stumbled across
the idea of changing multipartUploadLimitInKB after reviewing
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateRichDocuments. But this leads
onto wondering if streaming files from a local disk was in some
way also available via enableRemoteStreaming for the solr-cell
feature? With 20:20 hindsight I see that
 http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrConfigXml does briefly refer
to "file upload size"

I feel that the requestDispatcher section of solrconfig.xml
needs a more complete description. I get the impression it
acts a filter on *any* URL sent to SOLR? What does it do?

I will mark up the wiki when this is clarified

>> Also, my initial report of the issue was misled by the log messages.
>> The mention
>> of "oceania.pdf" refers to a previous successful tika extract. There
>> no mention
>> of the filename that was rejected in the logs or any information
>> that would help
>> me identify it!
>
>We should fix this so it at least spits out a meaningful message.  Can
>you open a JIRA?

OK SOLR-1113 raised.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.