Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Sonnek, Ryan" <Ry...@bpc.com> on 2004/03/01 16:42:03 UTC

setting properties

Any pointers on how to set properties from within my maven.xml?  I've got a
short custom goal to set properties, then call install:

  <goal name="all:install">
  	<j:set var="maven.test.skip" value="true" />
  	<attainGoal name="multiproject:install-snapshot" />
  </goal>

when I run this goal, tests are still run.  If I run this from the command
line, tests are not run:
maven multiproject:install-snapshot -Dmaven.test.skip=true

are properties from the command line propogated to subprojects, but
properties set in maven.xml not?

Ryan

Re: setting properties

Posted by "matthew.hawthorne" <ma...@apache.org>.
Sonnek, Ryan wrote:
> Any pointers on how to set properties from within my maven.xml?  I've got a
> short custom goal to set properties, then call install:
>
>   <goal name="all:install">
>   	<j:set var="maven.test.skip" value="true" />
>   	<attainGoal name="multiproject:install-snapshot" />
>   </goal>
>
> when I run this goal, tests are still run.  If I run this from the command
> line, tests are not run:
> maven multiproject:install-snapshot -Dmaven.test.skip=true
>
> are properties from the command line propogated to subprojects, but
> properties set in maven.xml not?

There's an entry in the Maven wiki about this, named "writing maven.xml"
or something like that.

You need to set the variable so that the test plugin can see it.  This
is done like:

{pom.getPluginContext("maven-test-plugin").setVariable("maven.test.skip",
"false")}

This may not be the exact syntax -- check out the wiki for the full
details.   I think
this will get you on the right track.